SPARTANBURG, S.C. --- The Wofford Terriers pushed eight runs across in the opening two innings and held College of Charleston to one run over the final six frames on their way to a 12-5 win in midweek action on Wednesday evening.
Final Score: Wofford 12, College of Charleston 5
Location: Spartanburg, S.C.
Records: Charleston (16-16), Wofford (22-13)
HOW IT HAPPENED
The Terriers scored six in the first and two in the second to jump out to an early 8-1 lead. Charleston would cut the deficit to four with a three-run third before Wofford plated two in each of the fourth and fifth frames to put the game out of reach.
· Ari Sechpoulos got the Cougars on the board with a leadoff homer in the second for his fifth bomb of the season.
· Tanner Steffy launched a three-run homer in the third for his third long ball of the campaign.
· Trotter Harlan finished 2-for-5 with a double.
· Joseph Mershon reached base twice and drove in a run with a single in the ninth.
· Jordan Carr battled through five innings of relief work with seven strikeouts.
· Ryan Smith struck out the side in the eighth.