GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Citadel closed out the three-game series at UNCG with a 14-1 defeat Saturday morning at the UNCG Baseball Complex.
Score: UNCG 14, The Citadel 1
Records: The Citadel (11-24, 3-14), UNCG (19-19, 6-12)
Location: UNCG Baseball Stadium (Greensboro, North Carolina)
Series: UNCG wins series 3-0
How it Happened
· The Spartans jumped out to the lead in the second inning as they pushed across four runs on five hits in the frame.
· UNCG added to its lead in the third inning as a pair of errors helped lead to six runs scoring.
· The Bulldogs got on the board in the fifth inning when Tilo Skole doubled to left center. Travis Lott followed with an infield single.
· After a passed ball advanced both runners, Brooks O’Brien beat out an infield single into the hole at short for the RBI.
· UNCG would add three more runs in the sixth for the final margin.
Inside the Box Score
· The Bulldogs finished the game with four hits. All four hits came from the bottom four hitters in the lineup.
· Tilo Skole collected the only extra-base hit with a double in the fifth. He also scored the only run for the Bulldogs.
· Anthony Badala came in as a defensive replacement and singled in his only at-bat of the game.
· Zack Jones (0-5) took the loss after allowing six runs in 2.0 innings of work.
· Austin Hoppe (1-2) allowed one run on three hits over 5.0 innings to pick up the victory.