Officials say discarded smoking material likely caused smoke odor at hotel
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - Officials with the Charleston Fire Department said discarded smoking material likely caused a smoke odor at a downtown Charleston hotel Friday night.
Crews responded to the Restoration Hotel for the reported odor.
“A planter box was found smoldering on a balcony, likely caused by discarded smoking material,” CFD officials said. “No injuries were reported.”
Copyright 2021 WCSC. All rights reserved.