Advertisement

Officials say discarded smoking material likely caused smoke odor at hotel

Officials with the Charleston Fire Department said discarded smoking material likely caused a...
Officials with the Charleston Fire Department said discarded smoking material likely caused a smoke odor at a downtown Charleston hotel Friday night.(Live 5 News)
Updated: May. 14, 2021 at 11:24 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - Officials with the Charleston Fire Department said discarded smoking material likely caused a smoke odor at a downtown Charleston hotel Friday night.

Crews responded to the Restoration Hotel for the reported odor.

“A planter box was found smoldering on a balcony, likely caused by discarded smoking material,” CFD officials said. “No injuries were reported.”

Copyright 2021 WCSC. All rights reserved.