Several law enforcement agencies cancel National Night Out events due to severe weather
Published: Aug. 2, 2021 at 2:53 PM EDT|Updated: Aug. 3, 2021 at 2:58 PM EDT
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - Several law enforcement agencies have canceled National Night Out events due to severe weather forecast forecast for Tuesday.
The following agencies have canceled their events.
- Charleston Police Department - Due to tonight’s forecast of severe weather in the Charleston area, CPD’s 2021 National Night Out will be rescheduled to September 7th at the Riverdogs. Same time, same fun and same friendships! See you there!
- Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office - Due to the preparation needs of our vendors, Georgetown County Sheriff’s Office has cancelled its National Night Out event scheduled for Tuesday, Aug. 3, at Pawleys Island Community Church because of the threat of inclement weather. Another community event will be scheduled in the fall of the year.
- Goose Creek Police Department - The annual National Night Out event, scheduled for Tuesday, August 03, has been postponed due to the threat of inclement weather. We look forward to seeing everyone at the rescheduled date, October 05, 2021.
- Isle of Palms Police Department - Event postponed.
- Mount Pleasant Police Department - National Night Out will be postponed until October due to the weather coming in tonight and tomorrow. More information will be sent out regarding the makeup date and time. Thank you to those who planned on being there.
- North Charleston Police Department - Due to tomorrow’s weather forecast tomorrow’s NCPD National Night Out event has been postponed and has been rescheduled for October 5th. Please help us spread the word on your social media platforms and on air.
- Summerville Police Department - Event postponed
Copyright 2021 WCSC. All rights reserved.