Lowcountry districts, schools announce back-to-school dates
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - Children are headed back to the classroom across the Lowcountry within the coming days.
Here is a list of the first days for school for the following school districts and individual schools:
- Beaufort County
- Berkeley County
- Colleton County
- Dorchester District 2
- Orangeburg County
- Bishop England High School – Daniel Island
- St John’s Christian Academy – Moncks Corner
- Mason Preparatory School – Charleston
- Northwood Academy - Summerville
- Porter Gaud– Charleston
- Charleston County
- Dorchester District 4
- Georgetown County
- Charleston Christian School – Charleston
- Colleton Preparatory – Walterboro
- St Michael Catholic School – Murrells Inlet
- Ashley Hall – Charleston
- Charleston Day School
- Pinewood Preparatory
- Orangeburg Preparatory
- Charleston Catholic School
Already back at school
- Palmetto Christian Academy
- Lowcountry Prep - Pawleys Island
- Cathedral Academy – North Charleston
The South Carolina Highway Patrol is urging drivers to keep an eye out for children as they head back to bus stops and school buildings.
Historically, the majority of collisions around schools occur during the 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. time frames, troopers say.
Motorists should expect to see an increased law enforcement presence, especially from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., when children will be going to and from school.
Copyright 2021 WCSC. All rights reserved.