THE LIST: Schools switch to virtual learning Friday amid winter weather threat
Published: Jan. 20, 2022 at 9:58 AM EST|Updated: Jan. 20, 2022 at 9:59 AM EST
CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - Multiple school districts are moving virtual on Friday because of inclement weather.
School districts in the Lowcountry that will move to eLearning days are as follows:
- Charleston County School District - Friday is an eLearning day for students. District officials say extracurricular and afterschool programs are canceled for Friday and Saturday.
- Berkeley County School District - Students will have an eLearning day on Friday and all before and after school activities are canceled. In addition, district officials say athletics and extracurricular activities are canceled on Saturday and Sunday.
- Dorchester District Two - Friday has been designated an eLearning day for students in the district. All district schools and facilities will be closed on Friday. District officials say extracurricular activities, including athletic events and practices as well as extended day are canceled for Friday and Saturday.
- Georgetown County School District - The district says all schools and facilities will be closed and all school activities, including athletic events, are canceled for Friday and Saturday. Officials with the district say that the day will not have to be made up and asynchronous instruction will be provided to all students.
- Williamsburg County School District - District officials say assignments will be posted for students or handed out as hard copy assignments. Parents are asked to contact their child’s school with any questions.
Copyright 2022 WCSC. All rights reserved.