Clark’s career night not enough in Bulldogs loss to ETSU
CHARLESTON, S.C. – Stephen Clark finished with a career-high 27 points and five blocks, but it was not enough as The Citadel fell, 96-74, to ETSU Wednesday evening inside McAlister Field House.
Score: ETSU 96, The Citadel 74
Records: ETSU (7-11, 3-2), The Citadel (6-11, 1-4)
Location: McAlister Field House (Charleston, South Carolina)
Series: ETSU leads 50-20
How it Happened
· The teams played a back-and-forth game through the first 11 minutes, with the Bucs holding a five-point advantage.
· ETSU was able to knock down some shots in the final stretch of the half to take a 14-point lead into the break.
· The Bucs’ lead would grow to as many as 24 points before the Bulldogs went on a run. AJ Smith scored in transition and Austin Ash followed with a three-pointer.
· Elijah Morgan stole the ball out of a timeout and converted a three-point play to make it a nine-point game with just over eight minutes to play.
· That would be as close as the Bulldogs would get in falling to the Bucs.
Inside the Box Score
· Stephen Clark scored 17 of his career-high 27 points in the second half. He finished the game 11-of-19 from the field and 5-of-7 from the free-throw line.
· He bested his old career-high of 26 points set against IUPUI and Charleston Southern.
· Clark also added seven rebounds, five blocks and three steals.
· Jackson Price and Austin Ash joined Clark in double figures with 11 points each.
· AJ Smith added eight points and seven rebounds off the bench.
· The Bulldogs went 16-of-20 from the free throw line, including 13-of-16 in the second half.
· The Citadel shot 15-of-29 from the field in the second half and finished the game shooting 46.4 percent.
The Bulldogs return to McAlister Field House on Nov. 14 as they welcome Western Carolina at 1 p.m.
Copyright 2023 WCSC. All rights reserved.