Police: Shooter, victim both face charges in North Charleston shooting
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - North Charleston Police say a boy who was wounded in a shooting Friday afternoon is facing charges, along with the suspected shooter.
Police responded just before 4:30 p.m. to Waylyn Park in the 2600 block of Olympia Avenue, police spokesman Harve Jacobs said.
When officers arrived, they learned a boy had been shot. EMS took the victim to an area hospital for treatment.
Detectives found the suspect Friday afternoon and after further investigation determined both the suspect and the victim were armed with handguns.
Police also learned the two boys were involved in an altercation before the shooting.
The suspect will be charged with assault and battery in the 1st degree, possession of a firearm by a minor, and possession of a stolen firearm, Jacobs said.
The shooting victim will also be charged with assault and battery in the 1st degree and possession of a firearm by a minor when he is released from the hospital.
Police did not release the names or ages of the suspect or the shooting victim.
Copyright 2024 WCSC. All rights reserved.







![[INSERT CAPTION HERE]](https://gray-wcsc-prod.gtv-cdn.com/resizer/v2/B4CRSFIHQBCXFNGWNA66I2XWMM.jpg?auth=d8db0555c0ebceeb8aea6badbf20ccff4648ee20a336f04fb78e5c5c394ad80a&width=800&height=450&smart=true)





