A roundup of the week's most newsworthy sports industry press releases from PR Newswire, including Fireball's foray into golf and Pickleball's continued growth.
NEW YORK, March 24, 2023 /PRNewswire/ -- With thousands of press releases published each week, it can be difficult to keep up with everything on PR Newswire. To help journalists covering the sports industry stay on top of the week's most newsworthy and popular releases, here's a roundup of stories from the week that shouldn't be missed.
The list below includes the headline (with a link to the full text) and an excerpt from each story. Click on the press release headlines to access accompanying multimedia assets that are available for download.
- Abu Dhabi Announces World's Largest Autonomous Racing League
With a prize pool of up to USD 2.25 million, the Abu Dhabi Autonomous Car Race will feature the Dallara-built Super Formula cars, the usage of which has been enabled by Japan Race Promotion, Inc. (JRP). The Super Formula cars are the fastest in the world, outside of Formula One, and they will be adequately equipped for autonomous racing.
- Green is Out, Red is In: Fireball Wants You to Wear Its Iconic Red Jacket to Augusta, GA, This April. And They're Giving You $1,000 To Do It
Fireball has a unique offer for badge holders and golf enthusiasts willing to bring some [cinnamon] spice to the fairway – the whisky brand will give 10 fans $1,000 to wear its custom, tournament-inspired Fireball Red Jackets in Augusta, GA.
- Parents Showing Major Concerns about Concussions in Youth Sports, According to New Survey
"It's critical that coaches, athletic trainers, and parents discuss concussion symptoms with athletes before the season starts and encourage them to report symptoms and remove themselves from play," said Karen Laugel, MD, medical director of MedStar Health Concussion Clinics.
- GameOn Technology Expands to the WNBA Following Success with NBA Teams
GameOn will help teams streamline processes for front office staff, allowing them to address other areas of the business, while still prioritizing engagement and giving fans a quicker avenue to connect with the teams that they love.
- Churchill Downs Racetrack Releases Official Menu for 149th Kentucky Derby
For the second year in a row, Chef and Culinary Expert Kenneth Hardiman will curate the official racetrack menu, which will feature an array of delectable dishes, serving guests visiting Churchill Downs for the Kentucky Oaks.
- Pickleball4America Merges with US Open Pickleball Championships® and Unveils 2023 Ballpark Festival Series™ with events at Fenway Park and Oracle Park
This year, "The Biggest Pickleball Party in the World®" will be held April 15-22 in Naples, FL, with a record number of pro and amateur participants from around the world expected to compete for the sport's most coveted championship title.
- Women's Basketball and College Football Dominate the NIL Industry in 2022-23
SponsorUnited revealed that NIL (Name, Image, & Likeness) deals surged 146% year-over-year (YoY), with more than 2,000 deals last year across 16 sports.
- FORMULA 1® ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2023 Brings Competition Firsts and Unforgettable Fan Experiences in the Heart of Melbourne's Events Season!
The U.S. will have representation on the track in 21-year-old Logan Sargeant, making his FORMULA 1® ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX 2023 debut! Those on-site will have the opportunity to interact with the drivers, like newcomer Logan, or fan-favorite Lewis Hamilton.
- Alanis Morissette to headline RBCxMusic Concert Series at 2023 RBC Canadian Open
Alanis Morissette will close the RBCxMusic Concert Series on Saturday, June 10, 2023. The closing night of the concert series has sold-out every year since it was introduced in 2019.
- Cameron Boozer Named 2022-23 Gatorade National Boys Basketball Player of the Year
Boozer averaged 21.1 points, 11.2 rebounds, 4.2 assists, 2.0 blocks, and 1.3 steals per game, including a 13-point, 12-rebound effort in the team's 50-48 win over Winter Haven High School in the state final.
- Don't Get Sidelined: Miami Dolphins and Ambetter from Sunshine Health Team Up for Diabetes Awareness
"Diabetes is personal to me and my family. I am grateful to the professional athletes who shared their type 1 diabetes stories with me at a young age because it showed me that this disease couldn't stop me from getting to where I wanted to be in the NFL," said Miami Dolphins Long Snapper Blake Ferguson.
- The DICK'S Sporting Goods Foundation grants LISC $1.5 million to renovate sports space for youth in under-resourced communities
"Sports programs and recreational space can be catalytic for young people," said Beverly Smith, LISC vice president. "It gives youth who live in under-resourced areas a better opportunity to thrive, and it contributes to the overall health and vibrancy of the surrounding community."
Read more of the latest sports-related releases from PR Newswire and stay caught up on the top press releases by following @PRNsports on Twitter.
Helping Journalists Stay Up to Date on Industry News
These are just a few of the recent press releases that consumers and the media should know about. To be notified of releases relevant to their coverage area, journalists can set up a custom newsfeed with PR Newswire for Journalists.
Once they're signed up, reporters, bloggers and freelancers have access to the following free features:
- Customization: Create a customized newsfeed that will deliver relevant news right to your inbox. Customize the newsfeed by keywords, industry, subject, geography, and more.
- Photos and Videos: Thousands of multimedia assets are available to download and include with your next story.
- Subject Matter Experts: Access ProfNet, a database of industry experts to connect with as sources or for quotes in your articles.
- Related Resources: Read and subscribe to our journalist- and blogger-focused blog, Beyond Bylines, for media news roundups, writing tips, upcoming events, and more.
About PR Newswire and PR Newswire for Journalists
For more than 65 years, PR Newswire has been the industry leader with the largest, most comprehensive distribution network of print, radio, magazine, television stations, financial portals and trade publications. PR Newswire has an unparalleled global reach of more than 200,000 publications and 10,000 websites and is available in more than 170 countries and 40 languages.
PR Newswire for Journalists (PRNJ) is an exclusive community that includes over 20,000 journalists, bloggers and influencers who are logging into their PRNJ accounts specifically looking for story ideas. PR Newswire thoroughly researches and vets this community to verify their identity as a member of the press, blogger or influencer. PRNJ users cover more than 200 beats and verticals.
For questions, contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
View original content to download multimedia:
SOURCE PR Newswire