Twins vs. Blue Jays Predictions & Picks: Odds, Moneyline, Spread - AL Wild Card Game 1
Tuesday's game features the Minnesota Twins (87-75) and the Toronto Blue Jays (89-73) clashing at Target Field in what is expected to be a close matchup, with a projected 5-4 victory for the Twins according to our computer prediction. First pitch is at 4:38 PM ET on October 3.
This contest's pitching matchup is set, as the Twins will send Pablo Lopez (11-8) to the mound, while Kevin Gausman (12-9) will answer the bell for the Blue Jays.
Twins vs. Blue Jays Game Info & Odds
- When: Tuesday, October 3, 2023 at 4:38 PM ET
- Where: Target Field in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- How to Watch on TV: ESPN
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
Bet on this matchup with BetMGM Sportsbook and use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Twins vs. Blue Jays Score Prediction
Our prediction for this contest is Twins 5, Blue Jays 4.
Total Prediction for Twins vs. Blue Jays
- Total Prediction: Over 7.5 runs
Sportsbook Promo Codes
|BetMGM||GNPLAY1||First Bet Offer: Up to $1500 Back in Bonus Bets|
|Caesars||Click Here||New Users: Bet $50 Get $250|
|DraftKings||Click Here||Bet $5 Get $200 In bonus bets instantly!|
|FanDuel||Click Here||Bet $5 Get $200 in Bonus Bets|
Twins Performance Insights
- The Twins have played as the favorite in nine of their past 10 games and won six of those contests.
- In its last 10 games with a total, Minnesota and its opponents have combined to hit the over six times.
- Sportsbooks have not set a spread for any of the Twins' last 10 games.
- This season, the Twins have won 67 out of the 111 games, or 60.4%, in which they've been favored.
- Minnesota has entered 111 games this season favored by -115 or more and is 67-44 in those contests.
- The oddsmakers' moneyline implies a 53.5% chance of a victory for the Twins.
- Minnesota has scored 778 runs this season, which ranks 10th in MLB.
- The Twins have a 3.87 team ERA that ranks fifth across all league pitching staffs.
Blue Jays Performance Insights
- In four games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, the Blue Jays have a record of 2-2.
- In its last 10 games with an over/under, Toronto and its opponents have combined to eclipse the total seven times.
- The previous 10 Blue Jays games have not had a spread set by oddsmakers.
- The Blue Jays have been chosen as underdogs in 40 games this year and have walked away with the win 22 times (55%) in those games.
- This season, Toronto has been victorious 13 times in 25 chances when named as an underdog of at least -105 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Blue Jays have a 51.2% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Toronto scores the 14th-most runs in baseball (746 total, 4.6 per game).
- The Blue Jays have the fourth-best ERA (3.82) in the majors this season.
Put your picks to the test and bet on with BetMGM Sportsbook. Use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
|September 27||Athletics||W 6-4||Pablo Lopez vs Joey Estes|
|September 28||Athletics||L 2-1||Sonny Gray vs Luis Medina|
|September 29||@ Rockies||W 7-6||Joe Ryan vs Ty Blach|
|September 30||@ Rockies||W 14-6||Emilio Pagán vs Matt Koch|
|October 1||@ Rockies||L 3-2||Bailey Ober vs Brent Suter|
|October 3||Blue Jays||-||Pablo Lopez vs Kevin Gausman|
|October 4||Blue Jays||-||Sonny Gray vs José Berríos|
Blue Jays Schedule
|September 27||Yankees||L 6-0||José Berríos vs Gerrit Cole|
|September 28||Yankees||W 6-0||Chris Bassitt vs Luke Weaver|
|September 29||Rays||W 11-4||Yusei Kikuchi vs Aaron Civale|
|September 30||Rays||L 7-5||Hyun-Jin Ryu vs Shawn Armstrong|
|October 1||Rays||L 12-8||Wes Parsons vs Jacob Lopez|
|October 3||@ Twins||-||Kevin Gausman vs Pablo Lopez|
|October 4||@ Twins||-||José Berríos vs Sonny Gray|
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.