Family of 7 displaced after Summerville house fire

Published: Dec. 31, 2012 at 1:33 PM EST
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

SUMMERVILLE, SC (WCSC) - A Summerville home was overtaken by fire Sunday. Fire officials say the blaze was accidentally started in the kitchen.

The house, located at 106 Poppy Road, suffered extensive damage from the afternoon fire. Summerville fire and rescue officials say that 12 people were at home at the time, but luckily all of them made it out safely. According to the Red Cross, a family of seven, including six children, live in the home.

Officials are investigating the incident as an accidental kitchen fire.

The American Red Cross provided the family with temporary housing, funds to help replace the food lost in the fire as well as comfort kits.

Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.