Fire damages N. Charleston bar; 3 kittens rescued
NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - North Charleston firefighters are investigating a fire which damaged the Caliente Bar and Grill on Remount Road early Monday.
According to North Charleston Fire Department Public Information Officer Bianca Sancic, fire crews responded to the restaurant located at 1908 Remount Road around 2:30 a.m. to find heavy smoke and flames engulfing the back of the building.
Sancic said the fire was contained to the exterior of the building. Three kittens were rescued from an abandoned pool table near the fire. They were turned over to the Charleston Animal Society.
Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.