Police arrest 3rd suspect, file more charges in fatal Meeting St. shooting

Men suspected in fatal Meeting Street shooting show up in court
Published: Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:33 PM EDT|Updated: Jul. 25, 2013 at 8:29 PM EDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn
Gladden, Ancrum and Kornickey
Gladden, Ancrum and Kornickey
Don'ta Pringle died in the shooting. (Source: Facebook)
Don'ta Pringle died in the shooting. (Source: Facebook)

CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - Charleston police have charged a third suspect and filed more charges against two others in connection to a shooting at the Exxon on upper Meeting Street that left one man dead and two people injured earlier this month.

Charleston Police Department Public Information Officer Charles Francis said officers arrested 21-year-old Omary Rashard Kornickey, of King Street, on Wednesday afternoon and charged him with first-degree murder and attempted murder.

The two other suspects facing murder charges, 23-year-old Brian Ancrum, of Tripe Street, and 29-year-old Glendell Gladden Jr., of Robinhood Drive, are now also each facing an attempted murder charge.

The trio are suspected of shooting and killing 22-year-old Don'ta Pringle, of Summerville, and injuring several others at the Exxon station, located at Meeting and Woolfe streets, early July 14.  They were denied bond Thursday afternoon.

Officers responded to the gas station around 2 a.m. in reference to a shooting. Witnesses told police that three people had been shot, with one identified as Pringle who later died as a result of his injuries.

An affidavit states it all started when five individuals had a conversation with a number of women at the gas station. Witnesses reported seeing Gladden stepping out of a dark-colored SUV, driven by Ancrum, and walking in the parking lot. An affidavit states Kornickey was also identified as being in the SUV as well.

According to investigators, the SUV pulled up toward Meeting Street and a subject was seen leaving the passenger side of the vehicle. Police say the vehicle turned on Woolfe Street and three minutes later gunfire was heard.

Pringle and two other people were shot during the gunfire. Police say the victims then pulled out of the gas station attempting to take Pringle to MUSC. Court records state the victims were then shot at by occupants of the SUV at the intersection of Woolfe and Nassau.

Investigators say Gladden and Ancrum were both identified in separate photo lineups by multiple witnesses. An affidavit states that Glendale was identified as a passenger in the SUV and Ancrum was identified as the driver of the vehicle.

The two other victims, one female and one male, were taken to Trident Hospital and Roper St. Francis. Francis said both those victims have non-life-threatening injuries.

Police found a number of spent casings near the gas pumps on the east side of the gas station, an officer noted in his report.

The investigation is ongoing.  If you have any information on the shooting, call Crime Stoppers at 554-1111.

Copyright 2013 WCSC.  All rights reserved.