Download the Live 5 News, First Alert Weather apps
Stay informed 24/7 with information at your fingertips with the Live 5 News and Live 5 First Alert Weather apps.
The Live 5 News app gives you complete local news, weather and sports for the Lowcountry plus national news, county-by-county news and breaking news alerts.
You can also watch Live 5 News on your phone when you aren't in front of a television.
Other features include live First Alert Radar, storm tracking, photo galleries, special sections like The Southern Weekend and local gasoline prices and more.
A new and improved version of the Live 5 First Alert Weather app displays a map with a green dot and asks the user to drag the dot to the area of their home. An interactive weather map will then display with that location at the center point.
With the tap of a button, the map can be overlayed with radar, satellite, temperature data, wind speed and traffic conditions. Users can also see storm tracks and lighting as well as the latest alerts from the National Weather Service.
A carousel leads a viewer from the interactive map to a 10-day forecast to an hourly forecast for the next 24 hours. Other options include video forecasts and the ability to submit weather photos directly to the weather team.
Use these links to find the app for your device:
Live 5 News App:
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.raycom.wcsc
- iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wcsc-live-5-news/id449277034?mt=8
- iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wcsc-live-5-news-for-ipad/id490175544?mt=8
Live 5 Weather App:
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wcsc.android.weather&hl=en
- iPhone or iPad: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wcsc-live-5-weather/id434215893?mt=8
Copyright 2016 WCSC. All rights reserved.