Lowcountry school registration in full swing
CHARLESTON COUNTY, SC (WCSC) - The first day of school is just around the corner and registration is in full swing for several school districts around the Lowcountry.
Dorchester District 2 schools will be holding registration Tuesday and Wednesday, August 5th and 6th from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m., and against from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Students who will be attending Dorchester District 2 schools for the 2014-2015 school year should register during Fact and Fee days.
Students should register at the school they will be attending and should bring a current utility bill that includes a service address in the parent/guardian's name to verify residency. There is a $20 registration fee that is used for student materials and resources at the school they are attending. During registration, parents and students can pick up class assignments/schedules and other materials, pay school fees, purchase meal tickets, or sign up for activities and services.
Online registration is available for all high schools and middle schools. Beech Hill Elementary, Oakbrook Elementary, Pye Elementary, and Windsor Hill Arts Infused Elementary also offer online registration. Parents should visit the web site of these schools for specific information regarding online registration.New students entering district schools for the first time should enroll at the school they will be attending.
The following documentation is needed for new students:
- A certified birth certificate
- A South Carolina Immunization Form, DHEC 1148, that is available from the Dorchester County Health Department or any physician's office
- A proof of residency in the form of a utility bill in the name of the parent/guardian that includes the current service address.
For more information on registration at schools in Dorchester District 2 school district click
Berkeley County School District's registration is underway, as well.
Registration will be held from at the school the student will be attending for 2014-2015 school year.
School district officials say registration will be open until the first day of school, but they encourage students to register before that day. This will allow address verification in time for the start of school.
For more information on registration at schools in Berkeley County school district click HERE.
In Charleston County, school registration is up and running.
Students in North Charleston can go to the registration center at the Brentwood campus or they can register at Ladson Elementary School from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Students registering in the other schools in the district, West Ashley, Mt. Pleasant and Downtown Charleston should contact their schools.
For more information on registration at school in Charleston County, click HERE.
2014 back to school start dates for public schools:
- Beaufort County: Monday, August 18th
- Berkeley County: Tuesday, August 19th
- Charleston County: Monday, August 18th
- Colleton County: Monday, August 18th
- Dorchester District 2: Monday, August 18th
- Georgetown County: Wednesday, August 20th
- Orangeburg County District 3: Monday, August 18th
- Orangeburg County District 4: Monday, August 18th
- Orangeburg County District 5: Wednesday, August 20th
Copyright 2014 WCSC. All rights reserved.