CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC) - The Charleston Fire Department responded to a multi-unit Charleston apartment near East Bay Street and Reid Street around 10:50 p.m. Saturday night.
Authorities say fire personnel extinguished a fire in the kitchen of the residence.
No injuries were reported.
The American Red Cross arrived to assist the family affected by the blaze.
Red Cross representatives state the family was provided with financial assistance for food, clothing, and temporary housing, as well as comfort kits containing personal hygiene items, and referrals to partner organizations to assist with long-term recovery.